Sunday, February 13, 2005

Whose business is it anyway??

On my mind : my visit to India
Music : Tanusree by Ananda Shankar

Valentines Day is just around the corner and it is creating issues among the senseless religious leaders and their blind followers. I was talking about the "Shiv Sainiks" as they are called, who go around the town destroying and burning posters, soft toys, red hearts, cards and everything related to Valentines day. The way I see it, I think that even Lord Shiv wouldnt do what the Shiv Sainiks do!! I simply dont find a good enough reason to believe "Hindutva" as preached by the religious leaders though I am a Hindu by choice. Once when I was in Sringeri [a very famous religious centre in Karnataka], I saw this popular sanyasi or a sage or whatever he is [I am not putting up his name] stepping out of his own Mercedes Benz [S class]! Believe it or not he was seated upon a Tiger's skin....a real tiger's skin! I thought that a sanyasi is a person who gives up all worldly pleasures and spends his life time to find 'Mukti'.......wherever did that get lost and whyever did he need a Mercedes !! I suggest that he sell his Mercedes immediately and donate all the money to the poor who are dying because of hunger. Anyways, Hindutva according to them is promoting Hinduism by degrading all other religions....it is to force people to believe in what they suppose the religion propagates. Ask them what the Bhagavadgeetha advocates and they will blink!! They dont even know what Hinduism is or where it originated from. And again, they have forgotten that there is something called 'Right to Religion'. Celebrating Valentines day is not going to increase the popularity of Christianity or westernism in anyway.....nor is it going to convert Hindus into Christians overnight!! [People here in western countries least care about a 'Valentines day'] Or even if it is so....one has the right to choose and follow what he/she believes in......

Good news is that I will be coming to India, after all, in March.....so I have less than a month to wait for. Mixed feelings....but I am more excited. This time I will try to make full utilisation of my trip. As always, I am looking forward to it......... :) I am all pepped up and I cannot wait!!!!!

3 comments:

Archana Ramesh said...

Do about what myself??

Unknown said...

"Anyways, Hindutva according to them is promoting Hinduism by degrading all other religions.."

I somehow don't agree with this!! Just visit a few websites of so called missionary organizations... based in US and you will know..!!

Archana Ramesh said...

Didnt get your point....