Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Of the Chinese new year

On my mind : Food!
Music : Kaisi hai ye rut ki.. by Srinivas from Dil Chahta Hai [yes....lyrics by Javed Akhtar]

Its a party night!! Today being the eve of the Chinese new year and having three Chinese flatmates its celebration all night long. The atmosphere would be that of China, the food, the aroma [that of sesame oil which I genuinely dislike], the music, the language... A Chinese friend of Rex would be strumming my guitar and the last time he did, it was magic!! My guitar never sounded that good with me but the credit goes to him as he has six years of experience. I cannot wait to be that good.
I found a very interesting link on Karnataka yesterday [the state in India where I come from] . Check out this link and you will be as shocked as I was!! All the websites about Karnataka have too little information and they never look good. Also most of them havent been updated since 5 or 6 years. Thus I was initially happy because this website had glittery looks with a flash version. Later did I realise that it belonged to a rock band in UK called " Karnataka ". I am not able to understand the reason behind that name because neither have they been to Karnataka nor their music is inspired by Karnataka!! A very strange concept to me!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Karnataka for them is just a unique sounding title for their group!