Thursday, February 03, 2005

Chow mein....

On my mind : Someone I dont even know
Music : Kariye naa...by Sukhwinder Singh from Taal

Vegetable chow mein has remarkably become my favorite dish now. It goes along with the Chinese tea. It was embarrassing though, making sure that the food ordered was vegetarian. So I ate as little as possible :-( This was my first tryst with foreign food..... I was under the perception that food which is not Indian is tasteless. I must admit I was wrong! Must visit these Chinese restaurants in Bangalore!! Also I should try something new to me like Italian, Thai [which I am told is delicious], Viatnamese, Mexican, Caribbean etc etc, but Indian food is still the best!
There was a bit of both shock and surprise to see two albums of the band Indian Ocean being featured on Raaga. Never thought that such music is available on Raaga...wonder where is TAAQ?! Ma Rewa by Indian Ocean [Kandisa] is a must hear song.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucky you! Here in Kerala its difficult to find decent Indian Food! Especially the north indian cuisine.

I have listened to Kandisa a number of times. Pretty uplifting.. My neighbour used to put the title track on repeat and go on..and on....on..!!

Anonymous said...

Chung Wah in Kormangala is my fav. They have some yummy veg soups and great rice dishes. Rice Bowl and Aromas of China are pretty good too.

I am a frequent visitor to Ming Shee. They make some good Schezwan Fried Rice. Since they cater to a huge mass of US customers, they usually don't make it spicy. By Indian standards, even THEIR extra spicy is like moderate for us. So ask her to put extra chilli oil sachet, and for some reason she doesn't like to part with those sachets. Every single time, even after explicitly mentioning, she always puts just one sachet in the parcel. Strange!

Archana Ramesh said...

Still Anonymous???.....I got to know that you are from Bangalore, living in the US, cos MING SHEE is in US.
Now tell me, do I know you?
3 quarter chinese in Bangalore is also a very good restaurant!!

Anonymous said...

Proof by inference, eh? Come on... I gave away those clues. And coming back to your question, no, you don't know me, but you are getting there :)

Archana Ramesh said...

Sumit,
Kerala does not offer edible food at all!! May be in the bigger cities like Ernakulam or Kochi or Alleppey u can find some good food, else it can be disastrous! Everytime we go to Kerala we carry empty vessels and LPG to cook for ourselves!!