Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Music blues and some Chinese food

On my mind : The amount of money I spent at the supermarket
Music : My vision by Jakatta featuring Seal

Yesterday in a comment I mentioned that I was never a good listener to Indipop music. But music is 'zeal' to me , it brings in an ardent and a passionate feeling into anyone's senses....It has to be pure and original music for me though. Indipop, as I have known it, is more commercial and nowadays involves a lot of remixes. Honestly, I love some of the remixes specially when the rhythm and the beats are enhanced [Bindu re bindu by Kunal Ganjawala, he's got a wonderful style of singing], but most of this kind of music is made to sell. Music is one of the best forms of expressions which is why I think that it has to be original. There are too many Indian musicians who compose originals but strangely or regrettably have no platform to perform their creations [hope someone from these so called recording companies are reading]. So people lets promote their music!!
Someone's treating us for some mouth-watering Chinese food today. Rex is going to drive us in his new BMW!! Wonder if I can find some vegetarian food down there.....looking forward to have a marvelous time eating......

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! Its very alarming development. Last time I visited MusicWorld, whole of Pop section was filled with remixes! Whats more surprising is that a record company like HMV, which had pledged not to release any remixes few years ago, are now vying for market share with innumberable release of remix albums. They also released a full length movie having only remix songs (that was Dil Vil Pyar Vyar) too! I am just hoping that this is a short lived trend.

Listening to 'Kya Tumhe Bhi Aise Kabhi Kabhi Lagta Hai?' from 'Tum Aaye' (Alka, Hariharan and Javed trio's second pop/gazal album)....mesmerizing music! Flute interludes are heavenly!

Anonymous said...

I agree! Its very alarming development. Last time I visited MusicWorld, whole of Pop section was filled with remixes! Whats more surprising is that a record company like HMV, which had pledged not to release any remixes few years ago, are now vying for market share with innumberable release of remix albums. They also released a full length movie having only remix songs (that was Dil Vil Pyar Vyar) too! I am just hoping that this is a short lived trend.

Listening to 'Kya Tumhe Bhi Aise Kabhi Kabhi Lagta Hai?' from 'Tum Aaye' (Alka, Hariharan and Javed trio's second pop/gazal album)....mesmerizing music! Flute interludes are heavenly!

Anonymous said...

Darn....pressed it twice...you can delete the duplicate post, and this one too!

Archana Ramesh said...

Anonymous??????.....Im thinking...

Archana Ramesh said...

And about the song...its become one of my most favorite romantic numbers since the day I have heard to it! So is 'Aa saath aa hum jaaye jahan..' absolutely heavenly and romantic

Anonymous said...

Then I assume you liked 'Kya Tumhe Pata Hai' too! The lyrics of this song gives me goose bumps every single time I listen to it, especially this one:
> Alka

Kya Tumhe Pata Hai,
Phool Chaman Mein Khilta Hai To,
Khushboo Bhi Aati Hai,
Phool Jo Murjhaye To Khushboo,
Kahan Chali Jaati Hai?

> Shankar

Haan Mujhe Pata Hai,
Haan Mujhe Pata Hai....

Jisne Phool Ko Chaaha Khushboo,
Uske Paas Aati Hai,
Aur Chupke Se Aake Uske
Dil Mein Bas Jaati Hi.

Gosh, only a person with imagination and innocence of a child could write a song like that.

[Anonymous bows twice to Javed Akhtar]

Anonymous said...

Errata: Read Shankar as Hariharan in my previous post.

Archana Ramesh said...

I totally agree...also one needs to love everything and anything about life to enjoy a song like that. One can enjoy it more when in love, not necessarily with a person , one can be in love with life itself!Hmmmm ..... now I have butterflies in my stomach!!

Anonymous said...

If you haven't already, 'Life Is Beautiful' is a must-see movie on those lines.... to fall in love with life....over and over...

Archana Ramesh said...

Hmm....Im still thinking....Anonymous??? Is it someone I know?

Unknown said...

Whoa! So many anonymous comments!
Music is life, though I don't care much about whether the music is original or not as long as I like it!