Friday, February 04, 2005

The state of being disappointed

Today is just one of those days where I would do anything to be in Bangalore. Sting is performing in Bangalore and I am not there! :-( Infact, he would be performing as I write this now.......and damn!!!! Im missing every bit of the show! It is a huge disappointment as I adore his music. Well, it would have been worse if I was missing his concert while still in Bangalore... at the least I have a reason now! I know that I can attend any of his concerts here in UK, but its not just the concert, I can enjoy a concert only with the right kind of crowd. Bangalore has this potential!
I read this in the TOI - Sting complained of a bar in Bangalore having no Indian music. We are heading towards a revolution of our own culture now!!! I dont know whether a particular portion of our youth population is obsessed with the country and its richness but sure is Sting!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if you have heard 'Until' from Kate and Leopold OST (performed by Sting of course), but everytime I listen to this song, my heart weeps....

If I caught the world in a bottle
And everything was still beneath the moon
Without your love would it shine for me?
If I was smart as Aristotle
And understood the rings around the moon
What would it all matter if you loved me?

Unknown said...

The Indian youth has undergone a metamorphosis after the 90's. It was speculated that western values will swamp our youth.. But on the contrary the sense of belonging has only increased. Just see the number of vehicles with the Indian flags on Republic Day and Independece day.

Or the Tantra T-shirts with mystic motifs.. a decade ago.. no one wud have touched them with a pole..

Archana Ramesh said...

Hmmmm... What does the Bangalore crowd offer??let me think.... 1)Faces that I have seen before 2)Voices that are familiar 3) Cheers that I recognise 4) Madness that Im infatuated with 5) A contagious flow of excitement that Im infected with etc etc.....they are all customised for the profit of the crowd in Bangalore only! ;-)
Anonymous?! phew, I give up. I have stopped thinking. The song is good specially the lyrics. U must have heard to the songs from the album 'Every breath you take', I think this is the best release up until today.. specially the songs 'every breath you take','king of pain', 'wrapped around your finger' and the ever gorgeous 'roxanne'!

Archana Ramesh said...

Sumit,
Yes yes, people like you and me....I truly agree. Its extremely good that the sense of belonging has increased over the years, but its only among a section of us. There are people whom I know, they donot even have something called respect and there are some others who wear the T-shirts with 'OM' or any other mystic motifs and know what they say "who cares?? its cool!!"
But I guess and hope that its improving now with lot of educated people around:-)