Thursday, February 17, 2005

Is it the busy season??

On my mind : A sound sleep
Music : Pt. Ravi Shankar accompanied by Zakir Hussain

Why is everyone busy nowadays?? Uuffff.. I have a lot to complain so bear with me for the next few seconds. My friends here in my flat and at the university are busy. It is so sad that I get to see them just once in a day. It has been a month since I lost touch with my friends in Bangalore. Nobody returns my calls, my mails, my messages...nothing...I was thinking of throwing away my phone into a stream nearby..its simply of no use!! My dad has reduced his number of calls to just 1 call in 3 days. Earlier, he alone [except my mum] used to call me atleast 5 times a day :( Amrutha and Bhars....you guys be assured that you are soo going to be killed when I come to Bangalore [grr...I hate you both so much!] And Mohana....kapi, manga, where on earth are you?? Well...thats about it....I will stop now...
Lectures on Manufacturing systems were awesome today though it was for 3 incessant hours. This particular module has brought some gusto into the semester. For the first time, I got to toy around with these wonderfully built huge and intricate machines [the central lathe and the milling machine - both used to cut and drill metals to fit a design] and it was too good of an experience. No wonder I opted for Medical Engineering and no wonder that there are only about 10% girls studying in the entire department.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, this message should make you feel better.... there you go :)

Now, back to hard truth.....do you believe in 'Out of sight is out of mind'?

Anonymous said...

Well, this message should make you feel better.... there you go :)

Now, back to hard truth.....do you believe in 'Out of sight is out of mind'?

Unknown said...

"I opted for Medical Engineering"

Its mechanical engg. I suppose.. As far as losing touch is concerned.. this phase comes in everybody's life. People get busy.. You lose some frnds.. Make new ones.. Thats life... I guess!

Nupur said...

:D Cool down gurl!
That happens... all the time. Atleast you know that you will be ablt to visit ur friends in the coming future!! Unlike me...whose future is a big question mark.

10% girls... now that can be good and bad!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Anonymous,Never believed in 'out of sight is out of mind'...may be I should start believing it now or ..may be not...

Sumit, I am 200% sure that the course I am doing is called MEDICAL engineering....involves a lot of mechanical stuff for the first year

Nupur, I get the good part of it but havent yet experienced the bad part.......

Unknown said...

Ok.. So MEDICAL Engg. it is! the mention of lathes reminded of mechanical workshop in the first year..

You are talking of 10%? LOL.. In our college quite a few branches had only a gurl or two!

Archana Ramesh said...

So u did engineering too....which branch??

Unknown said...

Computer Sc..