Friday, June 17, 2005

One more but first.....

let me tell you all that I will vanish [yes, yes, I'm informing]for the next, say, 1 week. I'm not telling you where I'm going but if I you guys dont see my post on the 24th or 25th of June then you know whom to contact [the nearest police station that is!!]. Gonna have a wonderful time wherever I'm going.....see you all in a while!!

A lot of tagging going on.....is there any record of who started this? Parth tagged me on books. I was away from the non-academic books until just last December when I was introduced to books by a friend. Since then, let me say that I'm quite a bit addicted to reading.

Last book I bought/got : The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy [gifted to me]

Last book I read : Freedom at Midnight by Larry Collins and Dominique Lapierre

Book/s currently reading : Gone with the wind by Maragaret Mitchell

No. of books I own [non-academic] : 19 books

Books that mean a lot to me :
1. Freedom at midnight
2. Michael Palin's Himalaya
3. Nenapina Doniyali by Kuvempu.....I dont know. I havent read a lot. Books that woul d mean a lot to me are yet to be read :)

Most bloggers I know have been book tagged. I'm clueless of whom to tag.

7 comments:

Vivhyd said...

hey c my comment on ur last post..

Vivhyd said...

and btw the police station number???

Archana Ramesh said...

vivhyd,
bad guess, bad guess.....I told Smyts "Aiyyo [an expression] where's Kannada? I havent even met any Indian here yet! I'm not complaining but! :D"

The police station number....no idea...100? 911? :(

Vivhyd said...

oh well.. i kinda jumped into conclusion i guess.. atleast i got most of it rite!! didn't meet any.. thing lol

ada-paavi!!!! said...

freedom at midnight awesome book, really like tat 1. read city of joy by domnique lappire? also brilliant read it if u havent.

Praveen said...

Wow!!! Its so rare to find someone whoz read "Freedom At Midnight". Am an ardent fan of Lapierre! Kudos for havin' read one of the greatest books ever written on Indian Freedom Struggle!
Enjoyed readin' your blogs!! Keep writing!

Archana Ramesh said...

I thought there are a lot of people who actually read Lapierre....thank you for dropping by :)