Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Drifting apart

Welcome to the world of reality. The end of the year and I just realised that the words 'goodbye', 'miss you', 'love you' exist in the dictionary. When people you met just a while ago would be leaving, forever. If fate does bring us together again, we're never going to be the same again. We're not going to live under the same roof, share the same food or talk the same trash! People come and people go and unfortunately, we have to get used to it. Sure there would be mails flowing across, talking over the phone, the usual routine of 'do keep in touch', but I know, its going to fade away with time too. All one would have is just memories to cherish.
I would be carrying one such bag of memories, memories of 'once' a 'stranger'. I saw her off at the train-station and it was like something in the movies. She at the window, tears dropping from our eyes, the train moving slowly until the sight of her face is gone. Returned back to walk without her down the corridor. I wont hear her voice echoing inside her room when she talks over the phone or her loud laughs which always caught attention. She's not going to ask me anymore "Archana, would you like to try the soup?". No more movies in the late night with her. No more talks about Osama and Bush now. I knock on her door and I hear no one answer....she's gone....forever.... Melek, the woman with the headscarf.....I'll miss you Melek, I will!

No comments for this post.....I dont want to hear "It'll be alright" or "Its just life!" cos I am sure I will be fine when tomorrow comes and that life will go on.

No comments: