Monday, January 31, 2005

Some trances and ecstasies revealed...

On my mind : me and my dreams

Music : A beautiful dream by Karunesh

Yesterday we had a guest from Indonesia at our flat for dinner. When talking about each of our future in our respective countries, I said something that remained unsaid in my mind for a while. I dont know where it came from or what made me say that, but I said 'I have a vision for my future!!!'. Since then I havnt stopped thinking. I never usually say that to someone. It was firm, intense and impinging! Han told me 'Archana, you are too ambitious'. Now thats something I had not realised about myself! and why not be ambitious?? What I would also like to realise are some of my long lost dreams.... and I need some inspiration for that!

My holidays of about 40 days end today :-( My second semester starts tomorrow. So its back to the usual , normal student life at the university from tomorrow. But having fun will never stop, does it?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm.. Each one of us has a vision of what we would want our future to be like. Though how we eventually end up is a different story. But it doesn't put one in the "very ambitious" category...

Archana Ramesh said...

Hi Sumit,
Han is my flatmate. She told me that I am ambitious because I told her that when I come back to India, I intend to join the government. She knows my other interests as well where I have told her that I want to be a pilot, a musician...etc etc. Thats the reason she called me ambitious. All these I shall achieve [hope so]. I am learning music, I am planning to learn piloteering this May. So all is going well!

Archana Ramesh said...

Sumit and Sheeshers,
Sheeshers,10 times and still going on???
Hmm...for starters Han is definitely going to kill me if she reads this....and the people here can be really discouraging at times![specially when they become my critics]
You guys have changed my perspective about the definition of being too ambitious. I had started to think that maybe I am too ambitious...Now I totally agree with you!!

I too dont believe in rebirth...which is exactly why I give chances to everything I am interested in. Who knows which one may work out?? and more than working out, I do it to satisfy my interests, so that I know that I did something that I could. 20 years from now, when I am old, I dont want to look back and tell myself "maybe I should have done that". They think I am too NAIVE but I would rather like the word 'optimistic'!!

Unknown said...

Its just about doing what you like and desire at the moment! Life is too short to get into debates about being ambitious or not. People may criticize but will be the ones complimenting when you achieve your dreams. And don't you think our decisions shouldn't be contingent on itsy bitsy criticisms. May be others haven't put in as much thought into it as you have. Things appear differently to people, its all about perspective!

Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by the author.