Tuesday, January 18, 2005

A journey to my roots : Karnataka, my inspiration

Karnataka, my state, my mother!!She provides me inspiration everytime I try to uncover the secret side of hers. She is a sense of satisfaction to all the free spirited souls like me. Be it walking footloose and carefree in the green fields of the Mysore district or be it watching the mid-day sun with your sunglasses on while travelling on a bullock cart through an unknown village; be it discovering your own mystic self watching the Sahyadri mountains on the Brahmagiri peak, or be it unleashing your intellectuality at the Talacauvery, the place where river Cauvery takes her birth or be it understanding that being alive by itself is the greatest happiness while trekking onto the Kodachadri peak on the Western Ghats. Somebody said it right....Karnataka is a true theatre of inspiration.

I have started to write a book about this, which is why I desire to travel through my state to experience her, the way she is and the way I should.....like a normal Kannadiga, in a crowded bus, in a not so clean train, in the smelly boats, through the dusty yet innocent country sides, through the bustling yet welcoming busy towns.

I am in search for answers as to why life is as beautiful as it is and I am yet to find answers.This journey to my roots has just started and I am sure that my search will end someday, right here, in my roots.

No comments: