Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Peace, Piece and Peas

I had just put up a blog....but it did not get published, its lost somewhere in between!!!Ok anyways...here it goes again!
My flatmate came and asked me today "Hmmm....Archana, can you pronounce peas, piece and peace for me?" I said "sure...ofcourse I can". And I did. She asked me again,"which one was it? Peas, piece or peas?" I could not answer her. This is her first time with the English language. She studied in Turkish in her country because they teach only in the national language in Turkey unlike in India. Why is it that we study in English[a foreign language] in India instead of the national language? Studying in our own language promotes patriotism amongst and between us. Instead we have a foreign language ruling the minds of the youth in India. It is shame in India if you donot know to speak in English....why is that so? It is a shame for a few of us to speak our own language. I shall not blame our people in the government about this or the people who set up this kind of a system. This is because I know that it is of no use. The situation is not going to change if I blame them or not.So I have stopped blaming or complaining wayyy backk!! Maybe you and I should do something! I do not know about you but Im sure that I will do something about it which will be successful.That is why I cannot wait to go back to India forever.

Me and my friends have already formed a group called V3 2 years ago......u can join it as well [no admission or membership fee];-) I shall try to put up a website about the group within this April!

No comments: