Friday, March 04, 2005

The last thing that had to happen

On my mind : where are my tickets???
Music : Kehte kehte ruk jaati hain naa jaanay kyun
dono aankhen jhuk jaati hain naa jaanay kyun......from Chupke Se

Yes.........looks like the travel company through which I had booked my tickets ONLINE have lost my tickets or may be they are cheating me!! So much so for my 'feel good' days....My parents dont know about it, days are fast approaching but where do I go without my tickets?? Not only did the company make a mistake by stating my room no. as 3 instead of D3, they also did not send it by the registered mail. Now this is either inefficiency of the company or they are huge crooks. I asked them to reissue the tickets to me and they say that it is not possible because no airline will re-issue the ticket until a week before the departure.....Is it true??Of course I am not going to let them to cheat me.....I will check with the post office tomorrow, I am going to the bank to withdraw my money. Life is so miserable now but I will get out of this somehow.....I have a SIXTH SENSE telling me that everything will be alright........

7 comments:

Arun said...

good luck with the tickets :)

Chakra said...

Archana, came here from Indibloggers. I too live in UK and have experienced this before.

The travel agents are supposed to send it by Recorded delivery... Best thing is to contact the airline now and confirm whether you have the reservation and explain the situation.

I had this prob & Sri Lankan Airlines issued me a duplicate.

Good luck to you!

Archana Ramesh said...

Utkarsh,
Indians ho ya na ho, yeh sab hota hai...everything happens everywhere in this world!!

Arun,
Thank you :)

Sheeshers,
Coincidence??!! I had contacted the airline last night and they replied to my mails saying that my tickets were re-confirmed and re-issued!!:D Today, I woke up to read your comment and the mail......everything looks to be fine. Tickets should be here by thursday.THANK YOU!

Chakra Sampath,
I am travelling on Srilankan Airlines too...they've issued a duplicate. THANK YOU for both the visit and the suggestion...

Nupur said...

OMG!!
When u flying gurl?? Hey...did you print urself a copr of the receipt/confirmation letter..or anything?!

I'll pray for u.. that it all works out. Man I can't even to go India...and hearing u being cheated...MAN that makes me angry!!! :O

Chakra said...

thats cool... i like Srilankan Airlines for this kinda customer service... i doubt whether u can get this with BA or any of the big wingers..

Archana Ramesh said...

I like SriLankan for its inflight entertainment and the crew..... I have been in Air India...that was my first and last time. I will not travel in AI until someone tells me that they changed everything about Air India.
I dont know about the customer service but British Airways is the best....my first flight was British Airways - world traveller plus and it was fantastic!!

Archana Ramesh said...

Nupur,
How are you doing?
I have got the confirmation letter....but I am not satisfied until I have those tickets in my hands which I hope will be here by thursday.
It is extremely difficult for people to cheat me ;D