Monday, March 07, 2005

From the masterchef's kitchen...

On my mind : coursework
Music : What it is by Mark Knopfler.... He is performing in Bangalore n I missed this one too :( Unable to find his older album 'the ragpicker's dream'.

Its directly from the kitchen, and the food tastes disgusting. My efforts to develop good culinary skills were pathetic. Kitchen is just not the place for me. Tried my hand at preparing mutter paneer....but alas!! Cooking is kind of a science experiment to me. Choose some vegetables and put some spices and salt into it. It is edible as everything is in the right proportion but it still does not taste like it should. Sometimes I get it right and when I taste it, I exclaim 'I am a genius!!' and the other times I tell myself 'I am just not meant for this stuff'. No, I am not interested to learn to cook but God help me!! Give me a husband who is a good cook.....

6 comments:

Chakra said...

don't ever lose hope.. if a guy who only knew to boil water could cook for 10 (& they are alive), any one cd do it. :)

Unknown said...

Testing your culinary on ur hapless room-mates??

You cud take a cue from Sheeshers' list!! :-))

Archana Ramesh said...

Sheeshers,
I really appreciate God for these 12 creations....specially the last one!

Chakra Sampath,
Are you sure they are alive?? If yes, I would want to know who this genius is??!!

Sumit,
Glad you are back!! My room-mates have no clue so as to what Indian food is....so they not only eat everything I prepare they also compliment me ..."Mmmmm....Restaurant standard!! Archana, you can be a chef at my restaurant!!"
Now can you believe that?? I just nod my head to them! :)

Chakra said...

yessssss... they are alive and the genius obviously is yours truly. :-))

Ankur said...

goood cook husband,,,wud be a v rare variet :-) waise its said that the men make the best chef in the world,,,,,

maybe now u know where to look for :-D

Archana Ramesh said...

Right Ankz,
When I start looking for him, I will look for him in the kichens of all the 5* hotels!!
Looking for lounge music?? May I suggest Beyond heaven by Karunesh... it is terrific!!