Sunday, December 18, 2005

Me and my brother were two big pranksters and I was the dominant queen who ruled over the both of them and over the TV ofcourse. In b/w swatcats......'Go fetch me some water, I'm thirsty!' I tell my brother. My obedient brother would tell my sister 'get two glass of water from the kitchen' and poor my sister, youngest of the lot would go and get us both water. When my sister started to talk, properly i.e, Mi, obviously, was teaching her how to address everyone at home, respecting her elders and stuff like that. My brother didnt have this habit of calling me 'akka' meaning elder sister. But my sister, as taught by Mi, started calling me 'akka'......and I caught hold of her one day and in the most threatening of all voices I said "I have a name.....somebody named me 'Archana'....you dont name me 'akka'. Call me Archana ok?"
Mi, alarmed by this whole scene, commented "you'll regret this one day!" She was right....I regret it! My sister doesnt even call me Archana now....she doesnt even say 'hogu [go], baa [come]' as in the singular sense.....she doesnt even say 'hogele...or baare...'in Kannada atleast.... she says a downright disrespectful 'podi di di!' I give a stare back and rise my hands to spank her......but before I know it, she's already chasing me into the kitchen [where my mom is] with a wooden ruler or something. Now that hurts!! and times change!! Oh....mean time, my brother is locked up in his room, concentrating on his PS2.....winning Grand theft auto.....bad brother, doesnt help his sister when its most necessary...

3 comments:

Jo said...

Haha... good one Archanaakka (now, how about this one? ;-) )

Archana Ramesh said...

Ouch, not that not that..!! or I've got to get hold of you and repeat the same thing!

Archana Ramesh said...

podi di di is 'get lost' as told to a girl in Tamil ofcourse...but its disrespectful as I said and how dare I threaten her? She is my YOUNGER sister!