Monday, October 10, 2005

Just another FABULOUS day!!!!

I was to write this yesterday, but by the time the movie finished it was 2:00 AM..
Plan 1 : To sleep and relax the whole sunday......mission failed. Woke up at around 10:30/11 and changed plans.
Plan2 : Was to go to Manchester.....we went to the train station and missed the train!
Plan3: Didnt change much, we were to catch the next available train and that was an hour later!
Plan4: No more Manchester! Who wants to wait for an hour.....at a train station.....when the temperature is about 9/10 C
Plan5: To come back home and activate 'Plan 1' . So we start walking towards home.
Plan6: There's Cineworld on the way. So why not watch a movie? We dropped in only to be disinterested in all the movies.....seriously, who wants to watch Pride & Prejudice again? So we went to 'Nandos', the restaurant I had mentioned before....to eat......and we ate!! Walked to the city centre and found just one store open and that, thankfully, was a Virgin megastore. I finally bought a special edition of the famous ' Shawshank Redemption' and 'The Godfather' [I had not watched both of them....not until yesterday!].
Walking back we pass by NMPFT [National museum of Photography, Film and Television] . This is the best in UK and living in Bradford for about a year, it was bad enough that I hadnt cared to step inside.....not for once atleast even though we've walked by it several times. If you ever visit Bradford, it should be because of this museum! There are about 3 cinemas inside...Pictureville, IMAX and the Cubby Broccoli Cinema. After visiting the gallery to look at Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor and Audrey Hepburn, we decided to watch 'Oliver Twist'. For those of you who are unfamiliar, 'Oliver Twist' is a novel by Charles Dickens and the movie is directed by Roman Polanski of 'The Pianist' fame. Roman Polanski was a reason enough to watch the movie. After watching, I couldnt make out whether it was Charles Dickens or Ronald Harwood......but if you are movieless after watching Pride&Prejudice, this is the one to go for.....there are no good movies this season : ( And the best part of the movie, Ben Kingsley makes you want to punch him on his face!
Time for IMAX, and time for India........Mystic India! Caught up with the IMAX experience of Mystic India.....an awareness documentary about SwamiNarayan and his journey. I went in to catch glimpses of an unseen India, which btw I did to a very less extent, and I came out knowing about Swaminarayan! I would have been more appreciative if the title were to be something like 'YOGI' instead of Mystic India!
We left IMAX and NMPFT at around 9:30 in the night and walked back.....the sky was the clearest....I could see the stars and the walk back home was.... beautiful specially cos its autumn! Late in the night we watched 'Shawshank Redemption' and I have this to say about it...........

If I didnt care
More than words can say
If I didnt care
Would I feel this way?
If this isnt love
Then why do I thrill?
And what makes my head go round and round
While my heart stands still?

Lunch was deliciously satisfying, the first two movies were less impressive but largely enjoyable, the walk was quarter moon-lit and finally Shawshank Redemption was Shawshank Redemption! This week, life will be like this.....inefficiently planned but eventful......very eventful!!!!

5 comments:

Jo said...

That was a very much 'eventful'. :-) Looks like you had fun.

Arun said...

I have searched and searched for the video of Shawshank Redemption here, without any succes..

Checkout the story here - surplusmusings.blogspot.com/2004_12_01_surplusmusings_archive.html

Archana Ramesh said...

Josapen,
So much!! Infact there were a lot of other stuff I didnot mention :)


Arun,
I remember of reading that......and I searched for it in Blore first....didnt find it at all! If you dont get it just let me know :)

Jo said...

Shawshank Redemption is an amazing movie, I have a DVD in my collection.

Archana Ramesh said...

Utky,
Thank you....I take the credit for copying and pasting it!