Saturday, October 15, 2005

The birthday update

Days ago, Jo had a post on snakes. Now why I mention this is because, as much as I can think, I am scared of two things...1)Snakes- I've never ever seen them for real and I cant watch them on TV too.....once on TV the channel will be switched to something else after a loud shriek. They not just frighten me but I dislike them to an extent I cant explain.
2)Age- 19 is old! very old!! This is my 20th year.....I'll complete 20 years next year....and thats too old for me! Its beyond my world of imagination that I'm on 20 now.....and yes, its scary!
But somehow, this before and after fear was seperated by one day. Thursday was so full that I didnt think about this. The first hour of thursday Mi and me celebrated in the company of an instant fruit cake. I was woken up at 10:00 in the morning by a phone call of wishes from home. Received lots and lots of mails from friends back home....one's I never thought would wish. People whom I least expected called in one after another to wish me. Spent about two or three hours talking to a college friend. How content I was that I had to thank someone called God for all the people around me. A perfect day where I felt a little more than special. The chocolate cake , the french champagne to go along with delicious dinner from home and the loud peppy music that got us dancing which btw, also got our neighbour's dog barking..... the evening showed almost no sign of ending. The day goes in as one of the most memorable days I've had.......love you all who made it so!

8 comments:

ada-paavi!!!! said...

ur also a fellow libran, just realised, i was born on the first of october,

seems like u had a wonderful day,

snakes, somehow they seem to interest me, i want to learn to handle em,

wat do u do if u pass the chinese resturant where they display snakes??

finally spammers got u eh??

Raju PP said...

wow!!! so u had a blast??!!! cool :)
btw, happy belated birthday yaar :)

Archana Ramesh said...

Vatsan,
Balance - thats one thing we librans have in common. I did have a wonderful day :)
snakes - you are mighty courageous to even want to handle them
I would still go inside the rest. but come out without eating the snakes!
And finally, spammers....I love'em...they are more than welcome to my blog.....not gonna install the word verification thingy!

Archana Ramesh said...

Raju,
thank you! :D

Jo said...

That was a very eventful b'day for you! 20 is a beginning of a very interesting phase of life, so just enjoy!!!

lol @ your comment about spammers. :-))

Archana Ramesh said...

Jo....:)

Art said...

That was a wonderful day!!!
Hope u have many many years like this... and more enjoyable with family and more n more friends:)

Archana Ramesh said...

Art,
Thanks!