Saturday, May 07, 2005

For you

When I first opened my eyes to see life, I saw you holding me with utmost care, just like a little flower, gleaming your eyes at me.....I didnot know the joy I brought to you but with your arms around me, I knew that I would be safe. You wore a pleasant smile on your face, when you first heard me say "Maa...ma..maaa...maa", watched me over when I tried my first steps. The first birthday we celebrated together; the small cake, the small candle,the small house, the small me ; the first day,when I returned from school, did I not cry "No, I hate school!"? The days when I used to run home after classes "Mi, I'm hungry!" The days when I was mad at you because you picked me up everyday from college. I 'd feel tired only to put my head down on your lap so that you caress me with your hands moving swiftly through my hair. You grew old and I grew up. Suddenly I realised that you were not my mother nor was I your child....we grew up together to be the best of friends.
It was my turn now, at the hospital, by your side, to put my hands around you knowing we could fight together. We were victorious, couldnt do it without you. It was time for me to leave....it was hard, but couldnt do it without you, without your undying trust, without your neverending support. Like all mothers you packed a lot of masala ingredients though I, like all children, insisted you not to! You didnot speak to me the whole day as I was leaving that night. You would cry by just looking at me. You came to the airport to see me off, and what a mess that was...all the 30 of you crying so much!!
I miss the times we hugged and cried together, the situations that made us quarrel with each other, the laughs that we had together when Yashu would complain "you love her so much, nobody loves me!", all the shopping we did together....and what not?
You've done so much for us...you've sacrificed all that a woman can all your life...people call you ' an Angel '
but what do I call you? a strong support? a good guide? a best friend? a wise mentor? a fine example? May be all these adjectives would be included in a word called MOTHER. I dont know if I'd want to be like you but I truly want you as my mother in all my lives. I'm thankful to God to have created me as your daughter...
Thank you Mi, for being a MOTHER to me..

2 comments:

Ananth said...

Sounds like u really miss your mom,well,I've come to Melbourne to study and well,the people I miss most are my grandad and grandmom.They were there for me always and its kinda tough not to have em with you when you most need them!

Unknown said...

a fitting post on the mothers day. It was really nice reading this