Monday, April 04, 2005

Monsoon wedding.......is it monsoon?

5:35 in the evening , the clouds have just started to pour down despite the heavy winds. People heading towards shelter, women picking up clothes from their terrace and the smell of the soil to top it all makes the evening beautiful. The light is not perfect, it is rain dark...not totally dark....The power is off, my brother comes out to switch on the radio which works on the UPS and then, a familiar song on Radio City 91FM ".....duniya mein, logon ko, dhoka kabhi ho jaatha hain"..........what an imperfect song for a perfect atmosphere!

My first cousin is happily married now....I attended her reception yesterday but couldnot make it up for the 'muhurtham' , which is the main part where she actually gets married. I was pretty lazy to wake up at 8 in the morning and when I woke up, the wedding was done with....what a shame!! Some pictures I have posted below. Had a fantabulous time with all my cousins, most of them whom I had not spoken to for 2 or 3 years. Some of the conversations were quite hillarious. Good to know them all this way as most of us are of the same age. Weddings at this part of India can be quite boring though...no music, no dance , drift in traditions [a reception before the wedding], everyone busy with their own things....but regardless of all the shortcomings, this one was not boring because of all the food and the company I had. It was simply great!!!

More occasions to add to my memories.......aww....these are all fantastic!

No comments: