Saturday, April 16, 2005

'Lucky' - as it is!

A movie to watch out for! I was waiting for this movie to release for a long time....lot of expectations from the movie and it did live up to my expectations. Awesome performances, brilliant music, superb locations, everything is fine until the last 5 minutes of the movie. Try and ignore the last 5 minutes of the movie and you will agree with me that it is one fantastic debut make by the directors Radhika Rao and Vinay Sapru. Salman did not take off his shirt for the first movie ever. Sneha Ullal would not ask for a better launch. An absolute xerox print of Aishwarya, she is eye candy....watch her on screen specially during the song 'Jaan meri jaa rahi sanam..' and she is as beautiful as none. Her screen presence is so much that one would not want take his/her eyes off the screen....be it her innocence in the graveyard or the way she follows Salman during the song 'Shayad yahi to pyar hain' or when she breaks down in the train. Salman has delivered his decent funny self in the movie unlike many of the characters that he has potrayed. Mithun Chakraborty as P.D. made a wise choice for a come back. Adnan Sami has composed melodius music for the movie. Every song is ear catching. Hear to the likes of 'Shayad yahi to', 'Chori chori', 'Jaan meri jaa rahin' and 'Sun Zara'....you will love them all!! Please go and watch this movie atleast once.....in theaters only not in a multiplex! Wheres the fun when it is all nice and cosy without much people around you?? Wheres the fun when your neighbour does not sing a song along with Adnan Sami?? Wheres the fun when a girl behind you does not scream and shout at the sight of Salman Khan??
I would rate 'Lucky' higher than 'Black'.I had a very good time watching the movie . Will watch it once more before I leave...hope you like it too!

6 comments:

nku said...

I saw the movie too. But didn't find it that overwhelming!! Agreed, Salman is quite acceptable, but the plot goes haywire after some time. Even the eye candy heroine looks timid at times. And people were clapping hardest when Mithunda was on screen. I don't know in admiration or sarcasm!

The problem is in the title itself. Why name it "No time for love" when she had all the time in the world for love?

Parth said...

Lucky better than Black????? I like the music too, and by all reviews that I have read, can conclude that it would be a decent watch. But honestly, they are poles apart. Would be really keen on checking out Sneha Ullal's performance. Is it a coincidence that she too is from the same suburb of Bombay as Aishwarya? (Bandra). Go Bombay :-)))

Archana Ramesh said...

nku,
Maybe I watched it in a very good mood and thats why I found it overwhelming...
Yep....the problem is in the title itself. Infact even to name it 'LUCKY' is not that sensible because the character Lucky is not that strong to name an entire movie after it.

Parth,
Black, for me, did not live up to the hype that surrounded it.These two movies are poles apart but Black could have been represented in a better way. It went weak in the story and the screenplay.....not an oscar winner.
But hey!!!!! Aishwarya Rai was born and brought up in Manglore, Karnataka, the state I live in.....she moved to Bombay after winning the crown...Credit goes to Karnataka....Cheers to Karnataka for that !!!!!!!!

Nupur said...

Hmm... I haven't seen that one yet. But now that I know it has Mithun in it, I don't know if I want to....

But I shouln't judge a book by its cover, so I guess I'll surely see it once if I get the chance.

Archana, enjoy India while you can!! :D

Parth said...

Noooo ... Aishwarya did her schooling in Bombay, she event to Ruparel junior college etc. She is a 100% Bombayite. She was there much before she won the crown. I am well versed with her bio :-)

You can catch a trace of the Bandra accent among the bhel-puri of accents that she speaks with :-) Don't give undue credit to Karnataka. (Just kidding)

Archana Ramesh said...

The schooling part of it...I may be wrong! But beauties are born in Karnataka :P