Saturday, February 18, 2006

aeon flux!!

.......was the movie we were to see last friday. Bought the tickets, thirty minutes to go, we sat down for a lil chat.

me : [after a lot of topics..] i dont see good kid movies by walt disney in the near future...all they have is 'the wild' and 'the shaggy dog'
xxx : shaggy dog is by disney?
me : says so....oh! i should have bought lion king..
xxx : i've got a fake dvd back home...
me : [not serious ofcourse!] dont talk of pirated stuff....i'll call the police!
xxx : oh really? can you do that?
me : trust me i can.. i threatened my brother once. we had such a huge fight at home... mum had to interfere to call peace

seconds later..time for the movie..
the ticket collector [lets call him tc] : just tissues??
me : [uh? tissues? why dont guys carry tissues with them?!and why does he want tissues? .....convinced that i heard it wrong..] pardon me?
tc : those are just shoes in that box?
me : [what else could it be? an AK47?] a stunned expression on my face....yes!!yes ofcourse!!!
dumb ticket collector[now we'll call him dtc] : some people take video recorders with them...so i was just...
me : [video recorder? me? do i look like a criminal? what the hell?] HUH?
dtc : people carry video recorders..?
me : yeah....i carry a mobile phone!!
dtc : haha [an evil laugh]..screen 4...enjoy your movie!
me : [now looking at xxx] what on earth was that? why would ''I'' carry a video recorder? do i give a feeling of a 'pirator' or whatever they're called? damn...
sometimes life is just not fair....all bad things happen to good people! and most of the time the devil seems to target me!
see if you get the connection.....if you d/l pirated stuff, buy pirated cds or dvds for cheap, cos you think its too expensive originally, its not fair! its not fair for people like me.....and its so not fair for the artists who depend for survival on the no. of records they sell...
the music industry is charging sky high but that does not mean piracy is the answer. its like mehboob ali defending his actions....saying he accepts bribe cos the govt doesnt pay him enough!
its a complete circle if you get what i mean....so if you stop supporting piracy, it would help the artists a lot and mostly, it saves me a lot of embarrassment....me? a pirate? jack sparrow...annah maria? christ!
support is directly proportional to piracy...get the logic?
and, aeon flux is just an ok...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ..I am laughing here ...there is a tamil saying which roughly translated means that a person's character can be seen from the face " :-)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Touchy topic you have here. Tell this to a guy purchasing 3-in-one DVD in National Market, and he'll give you a look. I have had these discussions before with friends. Without any conclusion, you see.

Btw, thanks for the wishes!