Monday, July 11, 2005

here goes what?

Its been a busy, busy....very busy week.
Difficulties you face in a flight [specially a long distance flight] : kids, babies crying out loud...screaming until their throat breaks out and so does one's eardrum. Nothing against kids [I was one too] but I just hate it soo when they yell and scream and shout and what not [this when the journey is already tiresome]
When you step out of the flight : make sure your folks are there to pick you up on time [this one, when you are living in a city like Bangalore and when the flight arrives at 9:00 in the morning]. My dad's a bit lazy...infact too lazy that he woke up late in the morning, left home at 8:15 and reached the airport at 9:45. Me, with all my smiles brocaded on my very happy face, run out of the flight, past the immigration....vrrommm...vroooom....and what happened? Sudden breaks!! Nobody there....none at alll. With so much anticipation, I'm sure I looked like a fool with disappointment flooding my face :(( I tell myself "'Okay now....all is well...all you need is a warm hug? but where from?Mi's not here.. ok...hug yourself. You know how bad the traffic in Bangalore is!'" I wait and wait....pull out my handphone to call my dad...but hey... the cell phone needs time to get track of the network..I make my way through the crowd....voices ringing into my ear "Madam, do u want a car?... Taxi ready ide madam...yellige hogbeku madam?" One guy even tries to free my hands from the luggage I was carrying...another says "You must be Jyothi, how are you beti?"......what crap!! I'm Archana and my parents will be here anytime, thank you! I see a telephone booth to my right...I pull myself together and head towards the phone....I call my Dad...his phone is busy! I call my Mi....but she's just changed her number and I dont have the new one with me. I call home and my brother picks up the phone...."they'll be there any minute" he says. Relieved, I wait for them, not forgetting that I've got to pay the lady 4 rupees for the phone. Finally Dad, my Mi, and my step mom come pick me up.....another ray of disappointment.....where are all the other people? Everytime I was here, there were atleast 14/15 people to pick me...

What did I do after coming here? Meeting lots and lots of people.....watching lots and lots of movies :D Eating lots and lots of spicy and greasy food....I've put on 2 or 3 kilos and I feel so damn hot cos of all that I've eaten. Phew...
Alay Payuthey was the last Tamil movie I saw. I was pulled out to watch Anniyan and Chandramukhi.

Anniyan - 'tell me your dreams' adaptation.
1. why did they name the movie Anniyan? The character 'Anniyan' is so very weak. Nevertheless, Vikram was good...loved Ambi's cute face whenever he went "wooaa.....koamaaari...." and R E M O for his stylish rampwalking and hiphop moves. He did it with utter perfection :D

2.The stadium scene with Anniyan made no sense to me at all.

Chandramukhi - a copy of Aapthamithra- a Kannada movie starring Vishnuvardhan and Ramesh Aravind [this one is a copy too]
1. copy-imperfect?? I seriously think the Kannada version of the movie was much much much better.
2. There was no need to bring in extra characters into the movie
3. Soundarya [filmfare best actress] was superb in the movie
4. Rajnikanth is old [no offence meant, I respect him for all his achievements]

But all in all.....movies are made for entertainment and these two movies I enjoyed thoroughly.

So much to blog about....but this one's long enough

18 comments:

Art said...

Bangalore alli maja maadu... no other place like home :)

nestpa said...

The original movie was the Malayalam movie "Manichithrathaazhu" for which Shobhana got a National Award!

Archana Ramesh said...

Art,
Thanku...nija..theres no place else like home and no else home like namma Bengaluru :)

Neil,
Thanks for the info...I knew it was a Malayalam movie but didnot know that Shobhana was in it

ada-paavi!!!! said...

both the movies u choose to watch just turned out to be disgusting ones, try ullam ketkumae,
rajii wanted hit, after baba disaster s copied malyalam movie (adu patthi ellam n yea yoischi? chumma watch rajini movie witout thinking!)

Jo said...

Chandramukhi and the Kannada movie were originally copied from the Malayalam movie "Manichithrathaazhu". Shobhana won a national award for this movie.

First time here. Keep blogging.

Karthik CS said...

Hi.. nimma blog ge 'by chance' bande.. tumba kushi aaytu.. nanna .. technorati moolaka bandiddu actually.

BahaLa kushi aaytu Kannada Blogger na nOdi ..

Nanna blog_ge ondu vijit haaki comment biDi...

maja maaDi

Karthik CS said...

martOgittu.. welcome home . hEgide nam dEsha.. hEgide nam city ??

Vivhyd said...

well.. thts sad that ur folks turned up late.. I hope tht will not happen to me.. when I go.. I am sure it won't..

well the moment u r out.. auto/taxi guys are all over u.. u r rite.. its bugging sometimes..

so it is when kids keep crying.. noticed a lot that indian/desi kids are the culprits 90% of the time.. not only flights everywhere else also.. even as other kids enjoy whtever be the situation.. seen this a lot..

Anniyan.. saw this yday.. nice movie.. I thght.. though at many places it was a bit weak.. Vikram was superb thgh..

Chandramukhi is copy of malyalam movie not kannada..

Karthik CS said...

Ayyo... Archana please tell that you have understood that its copy of Malayalam movie not Apthamithra.. Everyone is telling same ...

:-) .. No harsh feelings guys.. Even I came to know from this place only..

Archana Ramesh said...

Srivatsan,
yep....these movie made no sense at alll....but I did enjoy watching them...dont know why! I've got another movie called 'RAM'. Let me know about this one and Autograph :)

Jo,
Really want to watch Shobhana's performance

Archana Ramesh said...

Vivhyd,
I guess my people are bored of coming to the airport so often.....to pick me up every two months....and I suppose you havent beento India in a long long time. I'm sure it wouldnt happen to you :)
Yes, it was desi kids to 100%....I didnot close my eyes for a moment :(
Chandramukhi is a copy of a Malayalam movie...I knew that...but didnt know which one. I havent mentioned the Kannada version of it as a original, have I?

Karthik,
Evaag thaane helde...infact naanu alli mention maadidde...that the Kannada version is also a 'copy'

Archana Ramesh said...

Sheesh,
I'll be back by Aug 20th....if you want something, all you have to do is just say....No probs, I can ship it the US, can I not? :P But seriously, just let me know what you need and I'll get it :D

Sri said...

Phew ! blogging and internet is one entangled web.. from vinc's blog to karthik to archana.

envy ur so frequent trips to "Home".

for others ranting abt ManiC/AM/CM, the sequence is ManiC(serious/classic/thriller with a chilling climax supposedly shot by Fazil and 4 other directors in 1992 with shobhana's breathtaking national award winning performance)
made into a more entertaining and more successful Aptamitra with exceptional music and great performances by the lead(Vishnu/Saundarya)in 2004,
thereby inspiring the superstar to make CM in 2005(can't comment not seen it)

hope no one disagrees :)

ps: i sense.. this comment section is on the verge of becoming a AM/CM/Manichitratazhu review page :)

good day/night every body !

Vasu the terrible said...

did you know that a sequel is being planned for anniyan ??

check this out.. it has more gore and horrible scenes of tortures like iruvathuaiyndhu padal.. (susimukum the needle pricking things is like kurlon mattress when you compare it with this).. It means twenty five songs..

the heroes name is kambi (kambi is aambi born again).. instead of complaining on dirty trains and bad meals, he complains of lousy airhostess and bad meals (the meals part dont change from trains to flight..)

Kambi gets irritated and frustrated about life and mails this wierdo who takes tortures and kills all people who disobey rules... His name is ... Sanniyan and he has a website called sanniyan.com

Atlast they capture sanniyan and find that he has MPD and he can change between 25 different personalities. Two of them are donal duck and micky mouse...

One of these days, I am going to hire all these jokers and make a spoof... what do they think of us all ? and what were you thinking ?

vasu

Vasu the terrible said...

did you know that a sequel is being planned for anniyan ??

check this out.. it has more gore and horrible scenes of tortures like iruvathuaiyndhu padal.. (susimukum the needle pricking things is like kurlon mattress when you compare it with this).. It means twenty five songs..

the heroes name is kambi (kambi is aambi born again).. instead of complaining on dirty trains and bad meals, he complains of lousy airhostess and bad meals (the meals part dont change from trains to flight..)

Kambi gets irritated and frustrated about life and mails this wierdo who takes tortures and kills all people who disobey rules... His name is ... Sanniyan and he has a website called sanniyan.com

Atlast they capture sanniyan and find that he has MPD and he can change between 25 different personalities. Two of them are donal duck and micky mouse...

One of these days, I am going to hire all these jokers and make a spoof... what do they think of us all ? and what were you thinking ?

vasu

ada-paavi!!!! said...

autograph is good, feel gud flick, ram is said to be a thriller, decent i heard, missed it,
and i don watch tamil movies on vcd, almost 25% of the movie is cut, and it sfeels incomplete to watch it on vcd

Archana Ramesh said...

Sri,
Its a small small world.....I would love to see the Malayalam version... but how? All these film makers would be really happy if this does becaome a review of their films

Archana Ramesh said...

Vasu,
How much did you get paid for planning "Sanniyan"??
Thinking ella enu illammaa....I saw the movie in a terribly good mood with no expectations whatsoever....so I L.O.V.E.D watching it....infact I can still smile thinking about it :D :D

Avik,
Thank you...what can I say except 'keep visiting'!?

Vatsan,
Personally, I dont like watching movies on VCD/DVD tooo....but I've got original DVDs for these two movies and with the surround speakers and a big screen....I tell you, the effect is not less than that of a theater....it was 100% awesome!